Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

So, here I am on vacation.  I am going to have NYE dinner at my favorite restaurant in the whole world (Daisy is in agony right now because it is also one of her favorite restaurants and being the sweetie I am I shall taunt her with stories of spinach dip! and ribs! and hand cut french fries! and champagne! and caramel dessert!).  Then I am off to a low-key evening with friends and bubbly.  All in all, a pretty great NYE - well, there are a few notable things missing (ahem, New Years kiss) but I am satisfied.

Anyway, instead of making vague resolutions about being a better person for the new year, I have set goals.  Goals that I will achieve and not drop by March.  Goals that I am already working on, in fact.  So here they are, in no particular order:
* maintain my weight loss from the very successful Eddie & AH Weight Loss Challenge!  We put ourselves on diets this holiday season, and though we haven't had our "official" weigh-in yet, we have both done very, very well and are almost down to our goal weights!  Now all I have to do is stay there . . .
* run my first marathon.  Possibly even 2!
* learn how to play the guitar.  It fits in well with my overall plan to meet and woo Ryan Adams.  Swoon.   
* play at least one sport (so far I am signed up for one definitely, yay!)
* pass the bar - yuck, yuck, and more yuck, but it has to be on the list.

So there they are.  I hope everyone has a fabulous NYE - Murphy and I will be back soon!

2 comments:

Daisy, Just Daisy said...

You are evil, what with your weight loss & bar passage & Houstons. Hmph.

eddie said...

Great resolutions there, AH, but I think you forgot one: come out to see us more often :)

And of course, I will also add the reciprocal version to my own list . . .