So being a Blackhawks fan is going well so far. The games are fun, the boys are playing well together, and I enjoy a weekly excuse to eat junk food. But there's a problem. Not an earth-shattering problem, but still, something that just flat-out pisses me off. I can't buy a Blackhawks sweater. The cool one with stripes and the old school logo. I mean, I can. I can buy one. But not one that fits. Because the only shirts or sweaters made for women are pink. Or have sparkles. Or are pink WITH sparkles. Barf.
Let's go over this, shall we? I am sure there are some women who like pink, and who want pink jerseys and hats and temporary tattoos and whatever else. BUT NOT ALL OF US DO! Just being female does not mean I like pink, or sparkles. And you know what? I do like sparkles. But not on my hockey jerseys! Is this really too much to ask of the team I support at every home game and watch on television? Just for them to get Reebok to manufacture women's sized jerseys and sweaters? I don't think so. I am sick of having to buy large or extra-large kids merchandise so that I don't have to wear pink. I refuse to spend scads of money on a men's sweater that will just look ridiculous on me. So here's a solution: recognize your loyal female fans. Make apparel for them that is comparable to the apparel you make for men, only make it in sizes we can wear. You know what that gets you? Happy season ticket holders who spend LOTS of money at the team store. And more women who wear their Blackhawks gear out in public because it actually FITS. And me to stop ranting. See? It's a win-win-win.
*I do, however, really like pink cupcakes. And pink champagne.
Oh, and go vote. Now that my rant is over, I am off to the polls!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
And the Great Jersey War has begun . . . A'Hottie vs. the hockey world. The hockey world really doesn't know what it's just let itself in for. This should be fun :)
So, now I am faced with a dilemma. I do not have sports jerseys that are pink. However, I often have pink champagne spilled on my clothes.
So. I'm ok, right?
Pink alcohol stains (or cupcake frosting stains) are perfectly acceptable. Otherwise what would I ever wear??
Post a Comment